Okay Girls, Let's Talk Pink



Pink; my favorite shirt color during freshman year of college. It came (and then promptly left) with a bang. Basically, I overdid it and then vowed to be done with it. Until I met a pair of delightful pillows and had a change of heart. But honestly, I think pink making a comeback has been coming for a while. It started with these Vibrams about a year ago. I was pregnant with Asher, and they just seemed to say "mom". Something in the back of my mind said "but Sarah, they're pink, and you don't do pink". But nevertheless, the nagging urge to like them continued.



Then we got to Georgia and I hung "Lee Chapel" in the living room. It was originally in the master, and was meant to go with our red bedroom theme. As you can see, it's full of coral pink.


Then came the pillows. I think it was the purple, green, orange, and red that initially drew me to them, but there's pink in them as well.



And now they're in our living room. So there's no denying it anymore; pink is back.

But before you see the new look, take a look at the sofas with the old pillows (earthy oranges, blues, and browns).



Compared to these new ones with vibrant pink, purple, magenta, and even a hint of ocean blue...



Ah, color! And I love how the tiny amounts of red pick up on the red curtains. The white pillows came off of two love seats Thane and I found at a clearance center in Columbus about five months back. (They're in the attic room for the time being, but I'm scheming a way to get Thane to bring one down for our guest room/office).


But it doesn't end there. I found these tea light holders at the thrift store for about a buck. My first thought was to spray paint them a different color, but I'm going to keep them this way for a while. They're a nice little pop of fun.



And last but certainly not least, I've even added pink as a category in my bible notations. Not for any particular reason, it was just one of the colored pencils I wasn't already using. It's the color for my new "prayer" category. (It occurred to me that there are some very powerful prayers right in Paul's letters and that I should stop and pray them over our family and our loved ones when I come across them during my reading.)


"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing [Him], being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light." (Colossians 1:9-12)

I don't forsee a pink come-back in my wardrobe, but hey, crazier things have happened. As with many things in life, the key is moderation. The pillows and tea light holders are bold but few. They're a refreshing burst of color that hopefully won't wear out their welcome anytime soon.

So, anybody else experiment with new colors in their homes or wardrobes lately? And while I'm praising all of this wonderful color, better give credit where credit is due; so praise Jesus for blessing us with this beautiful creation. I can only imagine what Heaven will look like when even this fallen earth has such beauty... :)

-P.S. Anybody else out there Vibram fans? I was surprised to see that I was the only one wearing them in the 5k Fun Run I did on the 4th of July.

Like it? Share it!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...