Light. Airy. Blue.


It was hard to know what to do with our blue tiled bathroom when we first moved in. Blue's not really my cup of tea, but we happened to have an old set of navy bath mats so down they went, and that was that.


But they kind of bugged me. And since this is the bathroom our guests use, I thought it could stand a little improvement. So, I did a little switcheroo with our long white rug from the master bath. What an improvement!


I also refilled our little woven basket with T.P. It's funny how toilet paper can look nice with a little bit of arranging.


This framed fabric is worth noting- this was a totally free project when I did it back in the fall. I already owned the frames and the fabric (it was supposed to be a baby quilt but never got there, same story with my bible cover). Oh and the frames used to be gold, but got spray-painted white a couple of years back. And thanks to these lovely windowsills, they've got a nice place to perch.


So anyway, what a refreshingly easy way to improve our blue bathroom! I'm learning that when something's bugging me (like the navy bath mats), I can usually "fix" it by swapping around what I already own. By His grace and longsuffering, Jesus is teaching me to be content with what I have (which is abundantly, abundantly more than I'll ever need).

I remember when we first moved into this home and it took about three weeks to get our furniture shipment. That was three weeks on an air mattress while about seven months pregnant, with nothing but a couple of lawn chairs and cardboard boxes as tables. I was so anxious to get our furniture, but I kept reminding myself of the verse that says "having food and clothing, with these we shall be content" {Luke 3:14}. Along with that, I'm getting better and better about repurposing what we already own rather than buying new things every time I think I want something. It's actually a fun "challenge" to see what I can do with what's around the house. No trip to the store necessary! Not to mention the buyer's remorse that often accompanies.

One more thing about the blue...it's actually growing on me!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. Here's another good verse to remind us that we have all we need (and more!) in Christ. If, in fact, we do have Him... As well as a good reminder of what our behavior should be Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." {Hebrews 13:5}

P.S.S. See more fabric and frame ideas here and here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Like it? Share it!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...