Playing Dress-Up with Detergent


Hey all- just wanted to share a quick way to add a little fun to your usual laundry routine. I came across this idea when I was surfing the net the other day and had to try it for myself.

All it takes a pretty bottle or two, I got the kind with the lever cap from TJ Max for $2 each. I've read that you can also get them from the grocery store (I assume with products in them?) That would be a great way to reuse and recycle!


Just pour your detergent into your bottle, and you've got instant "style" in your laundry area! Might as well make the most out of mundane chore. A funnel would have been great for the pouring part, but a Pyrex measuring cup worked well.


Bye bye big bulky bright yellow plastic container!


Hello, bottles!


I'm using the clear bottle for our free & clear detergents and the red for anything with perfumes and additives in it. (I have to keep them separate and distinct, since we need the free & clear for our cloth diapers.) And having two different colored bottles makes for a pretty display. One more thing- I've done a few loads of laundry since I made the switch from plastic to glass, and I'm pleasantly surprised to say that pouring isn't a problem. I half expected detergent to go running down the side of the bottles every time I tipped them, but so far this hasn't happened!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. This was just one part of my little spruce-up-the-laundry-area efforts over the last few days...more to come!

~Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. {Psalm 51:7}

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Like it? Share it!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...