Candles & Flowers


I've always liked candles and flowers as table top centerpieces. Who doesn't, right?

We've had this Pier1 Spiced Pear candle (found on clearance!) on our ottoman for a while. My problem with candles is that I'm shy about burning them. Because burning equals burning down, which leads to no more candle (insert frowny face here). Plus, you see the burned wicks and distorted wax.



On another note, I've always thought a little vase of flowers would look nice in this same spot. But obviously there's only room for one decorative focal item. Or is there??? (Head cocked to the side, eyes squinting contemplatively.)

That's what I assumed until I had the random idea to put a fake flower remnant on top of my candle.


Now it's a two-in-one! It took me a few days to decide whether or not I liked it. The verdict is in, and it's a yes! It's not only a great way to cover the distorted wax and burnt wicks, but now it doubles as a floral piece when we're not burning the candle (which is most of the time), and a regular candle when we do light it. (Obviously the flowers come off for that.)

The cost for this simple little idea; $0!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light.
{Luke 11:33}

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Like it? Share it!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...